Thursday, December 15, 2016

Tucson's Food Gains International Attention Again

The National Geographic has named Tucson as one of 10 recommended winter vacation destinations. The choices span the world, and we are the only place chosen in the USA. I have to question their praise for the Sonoran hot dog, but I've never had one, so maybe they are amazing. For unique fare in a lovely environment, I say get the beer-batter fried avocado tacos at Seis in the Mercado San Agustin at the western end of the modern street car line. Or the cornmeal-crusted chile relleno at LaCocina in the delightful Old Town Artisans. Thank you, I think I will.

And by now everyone knows that UNESCO named Tucson the first City of Gastronomy in the USA. I love traveling the world, but I sure miss the food of of the Old Pueblo when I'm in places that are less culinarily enlightened than my Sweet Desert Home.

No comments: