Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tucson's 40 Under 40

I am so pleased that the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Arizona Daily Star honored my fabulous client Moses Thompson as one of their 40 under 40. He has done wonderful work at Manzo Elementary School, helping the children learn about gardening and poultry. The school cafeteria will soon be serving the produce the children grow. Imagine how exciting that must be for them, and what a positive influence it will have on their eating habits.

This is a good time to point out that you can get a state tax credit for contributing up to $200 to a public school as an individual, and up to $400 as a couple filing a joint return. A tax credit means if you give $200 to a public school, you can reduce the amount of income tax you owe to the State of Arizona by $200. I know Manzo will use my money much more productively than the State will, so I always give my tax credit to Manzo. You can even pay by credit card.

No comments: