Sunday, July 22, 2012

M*A*S*H Bash at Pima Air and Space Museum

Last night, my fabulous company, Tierra Antigua Realty, had our annual agent appreciation party at the Pima Air and Space Museum. The theme was M*A*S*H. Here you see Hawkeye (Steve) and Klinger (our sales manager Mr. Kelly Hand) with Colonel Lil Rayburn, Head Nurse of the Eighth Army (me), in a little number she picked up while on R&R in Tokyo.
This is a Super Guppy Cargo Transport, used from 1965 to 1995. I thought it was a blimp.

The museum volunteers took us on a tram tour of the planes; then we walked around on our own.
I can't explain this. Each plane has a sign in front of it with a QR code. I could have learned a lot more if the QR code reader on my phone had cooperated.
The usual astounding Tucson sunset.

Update, August 28, 2012. I could see that Super Guppy Cargo Transport from the top of Tumamoc Hill at dawn a few days ago. It looked like a shiny salmon-colored whale, beached in the Sonoran Desert, waiting for the ocean to return. It's just a matter of Time.

No comments: