Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chicken Coop Tour

Years ago, a woman who lived next to one of my clients in Northwest Tucson gave me some gorgeous green eggs from the hens she kept in her back yard. The yolks were a rich deep yellow and the taste was fantastic. Ever since, I've wanted to have my own chickens.

I've been thinking lately that we need to get more self sufficient. Plant an organic garden, install some solar panels and a rain water harvesting system, and get some chickens.

I guess a lot of other people are thinking the same way, because this Saturday from 9 to noon, the Food Conspiracy Coop is sponsoring a back yard chicken coop tour.

A lot of these chicken wranglers are way ahead of me in the sustainable technology game, and some of them will be demonstrating their solar ovens, rain water harvesting, and other cool ideas.

No comments: